This three-hour, instructor-led training includes an introduction to CanVis concepts and functionality, hands-on exercises, and a discussion of potential tool applications.
This training is available virtually through WebEx, at the NOAA Coastal Services Center (Charleston, South Carolina), and as a component of the Coastal Community Planning and Development training. Three hours of certification maintenance credits for this course have been approved by the American Institute of Certified Planners.
After completing this course, participants will be able to
* Discuss basic visualization concepts and options
* Acquire their own imagery for visualizations
* Identify ethical and legal issues associated with photo-realistic simulations
* Demonstrate basic knowledge of what CanVis is, as well as its advantages and limitations
* Understand which scenarios work best with CanVis
* Create visualizations using many of the software’s tools and functions
* Explore future project ideas and potential applications
Participant requirements (for Web-based trainings) include:
* Internet and phone
* WebEx. Software and user instructions will be provided by the Center in advance. You will need to install the tool on your computer before the workshop.
To register for the Web-based training, contact the Center at least two weeks in advance to receive instructions necessary for participating in the workshop. For additional course, hosting, or registration information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stephanie Robinson, Outreach Specialist
Phone: (843) 740-1174